New Procedures for Covid-19 at Pain and Performance
I am now able to return to work but there will be some changes in how your appointment will proceed in order to continue to prevent the spread of infection and meet legal requirements. I am aiming for best practice, NOT minimum standards. I list below some of the changes you can expect. While this does appear long, you will have to do very little.
- If you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms (we do have a check list/form that you be required to fill in before your initial appointment), please postpone or cancel your appointment. I will be taking your temperature upon arrival and there will also be a consent form to complete regarding your exposure to Covid-19.
- If you are a first-time client, your initial consultation could take place via telephone or videoconferencing, rather than during your appointment if you prefer.
- All consultation and consent documents should be signed and brought with you to your appointment or emailed beforehand. Please bring you own pen and water if needed, as I can no longer supply this. If you have a face mask, please wear this but if you don’t, I will supply you with one to wear throughout your treatment.
- It would also be helpful if you wear clothing which is easy to remove and avoid wearing jewellery. (I’m trying to get people to keep as much on as possible)
- Please remain in your car or outside and I will collect you at your appointment time. If you haven’t come by car, I do have a small waiting area, but as this is shared and I’m trying to not use it. Please try and maintain social distancing if you have to use it.
- Your temperature will be taken on arrival and recorded. (I take mine every morning!) and your hands will be sanitised.
- When the treatment/massage is over, please leave any linen untouched on the couch and try not to touch anything as you leave.
- Please keep your mask on until you exit the premises.
The treatment room will have been thoroughly disinfected and any linen and face cradles replaced for each client. I will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) which at minimum includes a high specification mask, gloves and apron. Do not be concerned about the use of gloves, it will not affect your treatment.
Please note appointments will be spaced further apart than usual to enable disinfection of the practice space, therapy table, equipment and facilities.
NOTE: Please only bring a chaperone or legal guardian if necessary.
I look forward to welcoming you back.