Why you need Clinical Sports Massage and Sports Therapy
As a therapist I’m not only concerned with treatment and management of sports injuries, but also the preventing sports injuries and the good training practices needed for a healthy body.
As a keen runner, cyclist and climber, I know personally, the frustration that injury causes, and will work to the best of my ability to keep you participating in your chosen sports and activities. Experience has shown that often, with the correct management, I can keep you active until symptoms resolve.
When I examine and treat you, my goal is not only to relieve your symptoms, but also to remove the conditions that can predispose you to injury, stop the pain of the injury and try to stop it re-occurring. Leaving you fit and able to carry on with your exercise plans.
Sports injuries recently treated
Sports injury treatment can cover a broad spectrum of conditions and complaits. This is a short list of some of the more common sports related problems that’s I’ve recently treated.
- Foot & ankle injuries – strains & sprains and plantar fasciitis.
- Shin splints
- Calf pain and Achilles tendon problems
- Hamstring strains and tendinitis
- Back Ache, pain and injury– muscular pull, disc or nerve irritation
- Neck injury – impact or tension
- Groin and Adductor strains
- Knee injury including tendon, bursa and kneecap (patella) pain and swelling.
- ACL, Menisci/cartilage, Swelling and pain
- Shoulder injury – joint or rotator cuff injury and impingement
- Tennis & Golfers elbow
You May Also Enjoy These Articles:
What Do I Need To Start Running? The Three Essential pieces of Kit for Running The essential kit and equipment that you need to start
Couch to 5k or C25k The Couch to 5K or C25k as it’s known for short is one of the best ways to start running
Getting Faster As You Get Older The Conclusion As this series of posts have progressed it may appear that it has been concentrating on older